Friday, April 3, 2009

discouraged

I had been thinking optimistically about the earth's situation and how people treat the earth. I thought "people can change, all we have to do is educate them!" But looking at my boyfriend I don't know anyone will change to help mother earth. On my boyfriend's face book he has a survey and one of the questions is "causes you care about?" and he has environmentalism listed on there. When I saw this I questioned him about it because I'd never once heard him breath one word about environmentalism at that point. His argument was week and I criticized him for having that listed on there. I've always been an environmentalist at heart but in highschool I got distracted with other things and lost touch with that side of myself. But then last November I got cable and started reading more and going on line and began educating myself about the peril this is earth is in and what we can do to protect it. I've always done this but I probably do it more now but when ever I see my boyfriend wasting stuff like water, or tin foil I give him a hard time and ask him to be more conscious about it. He is a smart, educated man and should know that these things all make a difference but he seems unwilling to change. Turning the faucet off in between doing dishes is too much of a hassle for him. He knows being more environmentally conscious is really important to me yet he's unwilling to change. If he's unwilling to change, why would other people change? :( I makes me more pestemistic about the whole situation.

No comments: