Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mostly no impact month

I've been a huge fan of Sustainable Dave (here in SoCal) and recently started hearing about No Impact Man, and have read Fake Plastic Fish's blog. I think what them, and others like them do is so awesome and cool! I, unfortunately am not strong willed enough to do something hard core like what they have done but I figured I might try doing something along those lines for a shorter period of time. The month of January is my slow month before I start school again in February so I figured January would be a good time to try going no impact since I'll have more time to bake and prepair lunch, dinner, etc. I can't go completely no impact for a couple different reasons. I work 20 miles away so I can't walk or bike to work. I also know that I won't be able to completely eliminate waist and packaging (once again, not strong willed enough to go completely hard core) but I'm going to do my best to produce as little waist as possible. I'm also going to monitor/keep track of how much waist I do create. I don't expect doing things perfectly (like I think I did the first time I tried to "go green" and was let down when I failed at everything and sorta gave up). It's going to be more of a learning process. Finding ways to live better. Like, instead of using commercial shampoos I'm going to look into making all natural shampoos. I'm going to shop at bulk bin stores and see if it works out well. I'm going to attempt to try and make my own bread again and hopefully this time it will work, lol. My #1 goal is going to try and reduce as much plastic waist as possible since I despise plastic! We humans lived without plastic in the past so I know we can survive without it and I'm going to try my darnedest to do that!

No comments: