Wednesday, May 19, 2010

community

Growing up in a small town (in a suburb, sorta) I didn't really have a sense of community. In fact, I didn't even really have a sense of the meaning of community. (Just like in my last post), once I moved to LA and became involved in the sustainability movement, I started to get an understanding of what community meant and why it is important. Ever since I learned about the Eco Village I wanted to either live there or start my own eco village! Unfortunately neither of those were an option :( Starting a community garden definitely ties into this but I also have been wanting to start community dinners. I'm not sure how willing the people in my community would be to participate but I'd like to try and find out. I have a eutopian view a bunch of community members sitting around sharing a nice bowl of salad, some bread and a good conversation!

No comments: